Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed...

Actually, it's more of a box to be exact. We got an email from our case worker today that the package we sent to our baby made it to Taiwan last week. I hope the nursery workers are enjoying their $10 Starburst candies! On a more exciting note, this means that hopefully (please, please, please) our little one will be wearing one of the outfits we sent her in the next update we receive.

On the homefront we are still waiting for our fingerprints to come back confirming that we are not criminals and therefore, fit to adopt a baby. My mom can't understand what is taking so long and I quote, "If you were to commit a crime they'd have your fingerprints matched in a day, not six weeks!" I don't understand it either, but we will just have to be patient and pray that it will be soon because I'm not about to go rob a bank. Although, that would solve the question of how we are paying for the adoption.... I have instead used my time wisely - printing out pictures of our house and family for our dossier, getting Taiwanese Power of Attorney agreements notarized and bargain shopping for girl stuff. God bless consignment stores!

No comments: