Friday, August 6, 2010

8-Year Old 'Bad Words'

I love the innocence of children. Caleb is getting ready to start the 3rd grade in a few weeks and we were talking about growing up and choosing to make good decisions. One of the discussions focused on 'appropriate' language and 'inappropriate' language. Caleb revealed to me that he knows some bad words but reassured me that he will never, ever use them. Here is the list of 'bad words' that my eight year old knows.

The 'S' word - stupid or shut-up
The 'D' word - dumb
The 'B' word - butt
The 'F' word - fart

If this is as 'bad' as it gets for a while I will be quite happy. :-)

1 comment:

Dunns said...

ha ha.. too funny. Caleb never seems to amaze me, what a wonderful child!!

I think you're good for another few years or maybe school year, just depends how much his learns in 3rd grade..ha ha