Friday, November 14, 2008

The Trip That Just Keeps On Giving

As many of you may recall, we had a wonderful little camping trip last weekend. As a follow-up to that trip, I have been blessed with two trips to the doctor and three prescriptions. As many of you know, I don't go to the doctor or take medicine unless I have to.

You see, while I was sleeping, the only part of my body that wasn't covered up was the lower half of my face (freezing temps tend to make you bundle up as much as possible). It seems that while I was asleep, a little spider came along and bit me on my chin. Now, I must give congratulations where it's due, so kudos to you, little spider, for finding a time when I was actually sleeping. Anyway, long story short, I am now fighting a gross and annoying infection in my chin and feel like the love child of Popeye and Jay Leno (if that's even possible). My doctor is optimistic that the current round of antibiotics will wipe out whatever junk has taken up residence in my chin and hopefully, it won't be too embarrassing to go out in public soon.

Boy, I can't wait till it gets warmer and we can all go camping again!

No comments: