Monday, May 12, 2008

Meet Fluffy

We had a bit of excitement over the weekend. Seems a baby bird fell into our pool and then couldn't get back out. Thankfully, I was walking by the back door when I noticed something splashing around in the pool. After making sure it was a bird (you can never be too sure about strange critters in AZ) I got out the net and scooped it up. The thing was so little and pitiful I decided to put it in a cage with an old sock so it could hopefully recover. A hour later the poor thing was still all wet and shaking so I did something I've never done before. I used my hair dryer... on a bird. That seemed to warm him up a bit so we gave him some water and food and then left him alone. Needless to say, in less time than it took to dry him off, Caleb became attached and insisted we needed another pet. We considered it for all of five minutes before saying 'no'. By the next day after church it was obvious the bird was ready to go back into the world (just not near our pool). Caleb was tearful but perked up when we let him hold the bird (now named Fluffy) and release it. Thankfully Fluffy is a common finch so I think we will be seeing lots of him around.

No comments: