Friday, May 23, 2008

Our Life is a Soap Opera

Setting: Tuesday Morning Bible Study

Friend: Hey Melissa, I can watch Caleb tonight if you and Rob would like to go out.
Melissa: That would be great. I'd like to surprise Rob with a movie.

Rob and Melissa drop Caleb off at friend's house then proceed to watch 'Prince Caspian' using a gift certificate.
Motivation: Free babysitting, free movie - what could be better.


Setting: Tuesday night at home after picking Caleb up

Rob: Where are my keys and cellphone?
Melissa: I don't know. Where did you last have them?
Rob: I left them in the SUV when we went to the movies.
Melissa: You probably left them at the sitter's when we picked up Caleb. I'll call in the morning.
Rob: My wallet and license were with my phone. If it was stolen someone could steal the other car and break into the house.
Melissa: It wasn't stolen. Go to sleep.
Rob barricades the front door and goes to sleep.

Setting: Next morning - Melissa calls the babysitter - Rob calls the Credit Card company

Melissa: Nothing left at the sitter's house
Rob: There are charges on our card that we didn't make
Melissa: Maybe someone stole your stuff

Hilarity ensues as Rob and Melissa cancel credit cards, contact the Police, call the insurance company, change the house locks and have the other car re-keyed. The keys, wallet and cellphone are never recovered, but Rob and Melissa listen to numerous plans from Caleb about how to catch the 'bad guys' and what to do to them.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh My,
So much for a relaxing night out, huh?
Hope all is well before travel.
Hugs
chris