Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Newsflash: Arizona Birds Are Suicidal

Would you believe it happened again today? I left the dog out back and noticed ripples in the pool. Surely no two baby birds are that stupid... but there it was, another baby finch flopping around in the pool. I was very concerned about this one as there was much less flopping and much more gasping for air than last time. I got the net, scooped the bird out, then went inside and got the hair dryer - again. I didn't hold out much hope for this little guy, but he made it. We let him go after Caleb got home from school today. This one's name is Puddin'-pie.

I don't name the birds - I just save them.

2 comments:

Susan and Dan said...

You are so funny! Still praying for a quick everything so you can get Pei Chi in your arms!!

Angela and Jay said...

So glad that we'll be able to follow your journey! :-)